WordPress is one of the most popular CMS platforms in the world. Millions of people use WordPress to create fully functioning websites and blogs and build a website online. This article looks at how to create a WordPress website, and the options available for WordPress hosting – enjoy!
How to create a WordPress website
There are several basic steps involved with creating a website process and we will talk you through them below:
1. Register a WordPress account – First, you must sign up to the platform and create an account using a valid email address. This process is easy to complete – simply follow the instructions and ensure you verify your registration.
2. Install WordPress – This depends on your chosen hosting plan. If you are using a third-party hosting solution, you will have to install WordPress on your web server. Alternatively, you can simply use the WordPress browser API if you are using integrated hosting.
3. Choose a theme – A theme is a pre-designed website template. WordPress has a huge library of themes. You can choose a theme for the basic design of your website. This theme will include a standard layout, color scheme, and navigation. You can use the WordPress API to edit a theme and change it to suit your business schema.
4. Choose WordPress Plugins – WordPress is well-known for its vast array of plugins. Plugins are small apps, programs or pieces of code that can be added to your website. These plugins extend your website’s functionality. Examples of plugins could include PayPal payment, eCommerce shopping carts, blog comment sections, or advanced product information. Consider the function of your website, and look at what plugins would be suitable.
5. Create the individual pages – Once you have created a template, and installed the relevant plugins, you can create the actual web pages. The process is fairly straightforward and WordPress has both a drag and drop interface and the option to type code manually. There are plenty of online tutorials on how to create basic WordPress pages.
6. Upload your website – Once the website is created and you are happy with its current state, you can upload the files to your web server. Once the files are uploaded, your website is then live – this means that it is visible to the whole world!
Where to host a WordPress site
Hosting is an integral part of the website development process. When using WordPress, you have a myriad of hosting solutions available. The following are 4 of the most prominent hosting options available for WordPress websites:
Green Geeks is an environmentally friendly hosting provider who offers a WordPress hosting service. Their prices are ultra-cheap and you can benefit from a whopping 99.9% uptime.
SiteGround is one of the best hosting providers available. Their WordPress hosting is also extremely cheap and can cope with up to 10,000 visitors per month.
BlueHost is the largest hosting provider in the world. Their WordPress service is only $2.75 per month, and you get a free SSL certificate. If you aren’t happy with their service, you can even benefit from their 30-day money back guarantee.
If you want simplicity, you can use the WordPress hosting service. WordPress hosting is a great choice if you want to keep everything under one roof – you can easily manage your WordPress website and hosting from one central point.
As you can see, creating a WordPress website is straightforward. The hard part is developing a design and considering what content you wish to include on your site. Moreover, there are many hosting options available – to choose the right one, you must assess your requirements and available budget.